Are you the type of person who enjoys hosting parties with friends and family? Perhaps you’re running out of space in your freezer for ice, forcing you to buy bags from a store.
As one of the most important parts of making drinks for a party or enjoying a cold beverage with dinner, you’re going to need an ice maker.
In today’s day and age, the vast majority of modern refrigerators offer a built-in ice maker, but it’s not a luxury most homeowners have. Instead, they might rely on reusable ice trays or spend excessive amounts of money on pre-made bags of ice.
Instead of spending thousands of dollars on a new fridge, why not consider a phenomenal small appliance that will easily fit into any kitchen? The Costway Ice Maker gives you the ability to have ice at your disposal with little to no effort and less than ten minutes of waiting time.
Features of the Costway Ice Maker
With four different colors to choose from and an assortment of convenient features, you’ll surely enjoy what this particular ice maker can bring to your home. Ideal for personal use or if you’re planning a giant get together, making ice has never been easier.
Some of the most notable features of the Costway Ice Maker include:
- Designed for Compact Spaces
- Four Color Options
- See-Through Progress Window
- High Volumes of Ice Output
- Fast Ice Making Times
- Water Reservoir Indicator
- Full Ice Indicator
- Touch Display Control Panel
The Advantages of the Costway Ice Maker
There are several reasons as to why homeowners prefer the Costway Ice Maker, including:
- Varying Ice Cube Sizes: Unlike traditional ice cube trays where you can typically make one size of an ice cube, the Costway model allows you to make small, medium, and large cubes. This is an important benefit as you can cool down any beverage without having to worry about making it too watery.
- Simple Cleaning: As with any small appliance, you must be prepared for maintenance, and this ice maker helps to make it simple. All you need is a soft cloth, mild dish soap, and warm water to clean the water reservoir and ice bucket. With regular cleaning, it should only take a few minutes to ensure all residual water is removed and the machine is ready to use.
- Limited Refills: Depending on your rate of consumption, you will find you’ll rarely have to refill the Costway Ice Maker simply because it uses the existing ice cubes to make more. For example, if you do not use all of the ice created and stored in the ice basket, it will simply melt back into the water reservoir and the unit will replace the melted cubes.
- Fast Ice Production: When compared to an integrated ice maker in a fridge, this convenient portable unit creates various sizes of cubes in half the time. Regardless of how often you take ice out of the unit, it will be replaced within 10 minutes.
- Quiet Operation: Considering you’ll typically store your ice maker in an open space such as on a bar or in your kitchen, you need to take operating noise into account. The cooling fan is incredibly quiet, not to mention the only sound you are likely to hear is water being transferred from the reservoir to the coolant for a few minutes.
The Disadvantages of the Costway Ice Maker
There are a few disadvantages to the Costway Ice Maker, that being said, once you’re able to adapt to your new appliance most of these issues won’t be as overwhelming.
- Limited Space for Ice Scoop: You’ll need to be prepared to either keep the ice scoop on the top of the unit or in a cup near the side of the ice maker as there isn’t a designated place for it to be stored. Unfortunately, you also won’t be able to keep the scoop inside of the ice maker, as it can trigger the unit to assume the ice is full and stop producing more cubes.
- Ice Cubes Melt Quickly: It’s important to note that the ice bucket is not a freezer, meaning your ice will melt if it is unused for an hour or more. Although the unit does use the melted water to create new ice, you might experience times when the bucket could be close to empty.
- Dealing with Ice Lumps: Another issue pertaining to the melting of your ice cubes is as they melt, the cubes may create giant lumps of ice that are relatively difficult to break up. At times, you may have to try to smash the ice into smaller pieces so they can fit into a glass or bottle.
Summary of Features
To have a clearer idea of the features in the Costway Ice Maker, consider the following:
Four Color Options
It’s easy to assume that not every kitchen is created the same and each home will have different color schemes. With the four color options, you can easily choose an appliance that fits into your kitchen’s design as the colors include black, red, silver, and white.
See-Through Progress Window
To help keep the majority of cold air inside of the unit to prevent any premature ice melting, be sure to consider the see-through progress window. With its help, you will easily be able to see the amount of ice that has been made and whether it is melting away or not.
You’ll also be able to tell if it will soon be time to refill the water reservoir, or you can rely on the water reservoir and ice full indicators to let you know when it’s time to refill the ice maker.
High Volumes of Ice Output
The ice cube basket alone holds just under two pounds of ice, and within a 24 hour period, you can make up to 26 pounds of ice. If you’re planning a party, it’s best to store all of the created cubes in a bag in your freezer.
In addition, a new round of ice cubes will be made within an average of eight minutes, giving you the ability to always have fresh ice on hand.
One of the most important things that set the Costway Ice Maker apart from competing brands is the fact that it is truly designed to be lightweight and compact.
Other ice makers are far heavier when empty and may say they are compact when in reality, take up more space on your counter than you had bargained for.
Another interesting advantage of this design is it gives users the ability to choose from three different ice sizes (small, medium, and large). The vast majority of ice makers only allow you to choose between small and larg—if any choices are offered at all.
You’ll finally have the ability to customize the way you enjoy your drinks without having to worry about watered down beverages.
Overall, the Costway Ice Maker gives you exactly what it says it does: a convenient way to make ice on demand either for yourself or for a party. With a variety of user-friendly features including light indicators to let you know when to refill the water reservoir, a touch-enabled control panel, and a small and compact design, it’s everything you could need.
If you’re looking for a reliable machine that will give you ice without too many bells and whistles, this is surely the right unit for your kitchen.