The Kitchenaid 15” automatic ice maker is a machine that makes ice in a shape of a cube. Its storage bin can hold ice of up to 25 pounds. Its distinctive styling makes it appealing, while its signature handle makes it easy to open to access the storage. It also features an integrated filter for removing contaminants and a drain pump. Its clear ice technology enables it to produce uniform ice cubes suitable for daily use and for entertaining purposes.
Features of the Kitchenaid Ice Maker
- The max ice feature that enables it to produce ice 56 % faster in comparison to the normal mode.
- Reversible door where hinges can be installed on any side of the door.
- Uses clear ice technology for producing uniform sized cubes.
- Drain pump that is factory installed that enables the machine to be installed within ten feet of a drain.
- It features an integrated filter for removing contaminants to improve clarity and taste of the ice.
- The uniform cube sized ice that it produces is suitable for all occasions
- Its storage is large enough to hold ice of up to 25 pounds.
- It comes with a drain pump
- Its design is stylish and it fits both home and commercial use. The sleek touches are suitable for home and it also has commercial styling.
- The ice cubes have great taste and they are clear because the machine has a filter, which removes contaminants.
- It is 56 % faster in producing ice in comparison to the normal mode. This ensures that there is a constant supply of ice, especially when it is needed fast.
- It has installation options because it can either remain free standing or as a built in installation. This ensures that ice making and storage is not left to one side of the house.
- It has a strong three-year warranty, providing purchase satisfaction to the buyer.
- It may require to be installed by a plumber if you are not well equipped in this area.
- Some users find it noisy.
KitchenAid® 15” Automatic Ice Maker makes ice cubes for home or commercial use. It is available in a stainless steel color, comes with a great design, a signature handle, and has a large ice storage capacity of 25 pounds. It also features an installed drain pipe, in integrated filter and a reversible door. Although the price is on the higher side, the machine has great features and can fit both the home and commercial use. Except for installation where one may require the services of a professional plumber, you do not incur additional expenses.
To make sure you get the best deal, it is important to compare a few ice-making machines so that you can make an informed decision. The market has other ice making machines. Some are portable, others are only suitable for home use, while there are those that can serve for both home and commercial use.
Two of the ice makers that can be used both for home and commercially are SPT IM-600US Stainless Steel Under-Counter Ice Maker, 50-Pound and the Orien FS-55IM 44-Pound Built-In Undercounter Ice Maker.
In comparison to the other two ice makers, KitchenAid® 15” Automatic Ice Maker takes the day starting with its beautiful design that can fit in with the home décor or commercial use. The whole machine has the stainless steel color. It also features a built in water filter and a drain pump. If you are faced with a situation where the ice cubes are needed fast, you do not have to worry because the ice maker functions 56% faster than other normal machines in producing ice cubes. Your party or shop will keep running without lacking the cubes.
However, if you are not up to parting with the a lot of cash, you can purchase the SPT IM-600US Stainless Steel Under-Counter Ice Maker, 50-Pound. This is a black cabinet, stainless steel door ice maker. It has a storage capacity of up to 25 pounds of ice and it can make 50 pounds of ice in a day. It can be installed as built in or free standing and can shut off when the bin gets full. The door hinges are reversible. It is suitable if you are looking for a lesser costing ice maker that can be used for home or commercial use. Although it makes as much ice cubes as the kitchenaid, it is not as fast and it does not come with a water filter and a drain pump. You also have to put up with its black cabinet.
The other option is the Orien FS-55IM 44-Pound Built-In Undercounter Ice Maker. It is suitable for home or commercial use and it can be installed either built-in or freestanding. It comes in a stainless steel color and a black cabinet, has reversible door hinges and it can make up to 44 pounds of ice in a day. It has a storage capacity of 25 pounds and a full-length handle made of stainless steel. Nevertheless, it does not have a water filter and a draining pump and you may be required to purchase them separately. It is also not as attractive because it bears a black cabinet and only the door is in stainless steel.
This means that putting price aside, the best ice maker to have in your home or for commercial use is the KitchenAid® 15” Automatic Ice Maker. It has the best features; it’s appealing, fast and does not require you to purchase additional items such as the pump and the water filter.