Ice chewing is fast becoming the trend by ice lovers. Some of these people visit fast food joints for the ice or spend money to install the icemakers in their homes. Nugget ice is the crunchy, small, chewable ice and making it requires a specialized nugget ice machine. It melts at a slower rate, making it suitable for use in drinks because it will not dilute the drink quickly and it can be chewed afterwards.
To make the best nugget ice at home, you should make sure that the nugget ice machine that you purchase could produce high quality ice. There are many nugget ice-making machines in the market, and here is a review of some of them.
Scotsman Brilliance 60 lb Nugget Ice Machine makes 80 pounds of nuggets in a day and has a storage capacity of 26 pounds. It also features a self-closing door, interior light and a drain pump.
- It has fast production of ice.
- The machine does not use a lot of water due to the auger system that it uses in ice production.
- The drain pump makes it possible for the machine to drain water without relying on the gravity.
- To ensure it runs properly and it is well maintained so that it can last long, it has an LED light reminder for cleaning after six months.
- The front can be customized to match the nearby cabinetry and the décor of the house.
- It is expensive to purchase.
Scotsman Brilliance 60 lb Nugget Ice Machine makes it possible for you to enjoy nugget ice right at home. The machine’s production is high and it can store enough ice for later use. However, it is expensive
Hoshizaki C-101BAH-AD is an under counter ice machine that produces nugget ice or cubelets. It has a production capacity of 92 pounds in a day and can store up to 22 pounds of ice. Its door is reversible and the machine complies with the ADA due to its height of less than 32 inches.
- This ice making machine can be used indoors and outdoors.
- It has a high production capacity to meet the needs even of a small commercial entity.
- The water circuit is easily cleaned because it can be disassembled easily.
- It takes less space and it can be placed almost anywhere because it features a swinging reversible door and a front in front out pattern of airflow.
- The machine uses less water because it is air condensed.
- It is designed to last long due to its few movable parts.
- Some users complain that the machine gives loud noise when it is making ice.
- It does not have a built in drainage pump and if there is no direct floor drainage, you may be required to buy one.
Hoshizaki C-101BAH-AD produces cubelets or the chewable nugget ice. It is a worthy purchase for the lovers of chewable ice and for use in small entities such as hospitals. However, you may need to install a drain pump if there is no direct floor drainage.
Icemeister 105 Lb Undercounter Flake & Chewable Quality ice machine produces nugget ice and flakes. It produces 105 pounds of ice in a day and can store up to 65 pounds. The machine can be built in under the counter or left to stand on its own. It also has LED lights that indicate the status of ice production.
- Its cabinets are durable and resist corrosion as they are made using heavy-duty stainless steel.
- It has a large production and storage capacity and it can therefore be used for large parties or small business entities.
- The ice is easily accessible using the slide up door.
- You can adjust the height of the machine using the adjustable legs.
- Its design helps in saving water and energy.
- The LED lights make ice production easy because they indicate the status each step of the ice making process.
- It does not come fitted with a drainage pump. This means that if the floor does not have a direct drainage, you may have to install a drainage pump.
Icemeister 105 Lb Undercounter Flake & Chewable Quality ice machine makes the production of nugget ice easier with its status LED lights. It also has a large production capacity to cater for high demands of a large party or for a small business needs. The down side is that it does not come fitted with a drainage pump.
The above reviewed nugget ice making machines have most features in common. Their productivity and storage capacities are in similar range and they are made using stainless steel. However, they have other features that set them apart from each other.
While ranking them, Icemeister 105 Lb Undercounter Flake & Chewable Quality Ice Machine Fx105a takes the first position. This is based on that it has the highest production and storage capacity, although it is lowest in price. However, it does not have some of the features present in its more expensive counterpart, Scotsman Brilliance 60 lb Nugget Ice Machine such as a drain pump and the ability to be customized to the nearby cabinetry.
This means that Scotsman Brilliance 60 lb Nugget Ice Machine takes the second position. Although it has the additional features, it is the most expensive in the category and has the lowest production capacity.
Hoshizaki C-100BAE-AD Compact Under counter Ice Machine takes the last position due to its high price in comparison to its features. The less priced Icemeister 105 Lb Undercounter Flake & Chewable Quality Ice Machine Fx105a has more features such as its high productivity and stand alone feature.